BMEcat 2005 ETIM Version 5.0
text only available in english
For data suppliers who manage their product information on international level, the choice of a data exchange format is often the BMEcat 2005. This is also the recommended format by ETIM International. When suppliers want to use a BMEcat 2005, we strongly recommend to use the ETIM V5.0 guidelines. If you are using an older BMEcat ETIM guideline version, we advice to update as soon as possible.
We have tried to achieve as much similarity as possible between the BMEcat 5.0 (and 4.0) and the Dutch format DICO (previuously named as SALES005) managed by Ketenstandaard. The complete ETIM guideline can be downloaded at the download section of ETIM International
Think twice before you start
If you have files according to previous ETIM guideline versions, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest version 5.0 as soon as possible. Point your software or ICT partner to this online documentation of 2BA. It are not rules imposed by 2BA, but Extensible Markup Language rules, a standard of the World Wide Web Consortium.
Developing an XML message based on an XSD and the associated rules is a task that requires XML specialization.
- Incorrect specified headers
- Missing mandatory elements
- No closed elements (only <ELEMENT> but missing </ELEMENT>)
- No open elementes (missing <ELEMENT> only </ELEMENT>)
- Empty optional elements (<ELEMENT></ELEMENT>)
- Improperly defined NL Characteristics (e.g. wrong specified field types)
- Failure to follow the order specified in the XSD
- Not escaping symbols within strings such as an ampersand (&).
To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you use a specialized software party with sufficient XML knowledge. Of course, there are also various PIM software parties affiliated with 2BA that export a valid dataset via an efficient route so that you can easily deliver your valuable data to 2BA.
2BA is conforming the data pool according to the Dutch standards of Ketenstandaard Bouw en Techniek with the INSBOU and DICO / SALES XML files. The supported exchange formats are mapped to the internal fields of the data model. Some internal fields may differ from the length or type as described in the guideline of the exchange formats. We create as much clarity as possible but there may be differences, which we mention in the mapping. For example, in BMEcat 2005 the short description has a length of 150 characters, in the data model only 70 characters.
- T_NEW_CATALOG mapping of BMEcat 5.0 versus data model
- T_UPDATE_PRODUCTS mapping of BMEcat 5.0 versus data model
- Mapping ETIM version versus data model
- Mapping packing codes versus data model
- Mapping product status types versus data model
- Mapping language codes versus data model
- Mapping MIME MD codes versus data model
- Mapping product references versus data model
The BMEcat 2005 ETIM V5.0 file should be validated according to the XSD to be sure of full compliance with 2BA. We recommend using the ETIM BMEcat validation tool (ETIM account needed) to validate your file.
There are a few exceptions in the current XSD (filedate: 2021-06-30).
- ETIM classification is not mandatory for 2BA in the T_NEW_Catalogue.
Corrections for the BMEcat 2005 ETIM V5.0 documentation are:
- No corrections known yet
- The file name (page 9 of the ETIM 5.0 guidelines is free adjustable when it will be uploaded to the datapool.
- According to the BMEcat 2005 ETIM V5.0, each optional element can be marked as mandatory on the level of an individual ETIM country.
Vous pouvez vous connecter sur https://www.feebel.be/fr/s-identifier